Тренинг курс “Combating hate speech”, Рига, Латвия 2-10.02 2023
Фондация „Звезден старт на таланти“ като изпращаща организация предлага тренинг курс “Combating hate speech”, Рига, Латвия, финансиран по програма Еразъм+.
Тренинг курсът ще бъде през периода 2-10.02 2023 с включени дни за пътуване и ще пътуват от България 4 участници на възраст над 18 години- няма горна граница на възрастта.
Информация за проекта:
Themes of the training course:
Hate expressed by words, behaviour and attitudes is a form of violence that can easily be overlooked or ignored. When it is left unchallenged it can become normalised within our society and escalate into physical violence on a larger scale. Challenging hate when it occurs sends a clear message to young people that these attitudes and words are harmful and it takes the dehumanising impact of hate seriously. With the rapid growth of social media, which provides a willing platform, the ways in which hate speech can impact on people in all areas of society have multiplied. There is no widespread clarity on what hate speech is and how to address it. We intend for this project to meet some of these needs by supporting youth workers to have concrete and adaptable tools to enable them to recognise, challenge and ultimately transform hate speech. On one level the challenge lies with youth workers identifying the most effective and constructive ways to intervene and respond when hate speech happens in the youth space. On another, the challenge centres on how best to support young people in understanding the impact that hate speech can have, to know where it comes from, and to learn and challenge the attitudes that lie behind it. Our project seeks to address these challenges in order to create safer and more inclusive youth environments.
The overall aim of the project is to improve the competences and youth work methods and tools of youth workers being able to facilitate the transformative process of hate speech in youth settings based on the needs of young people they work with in daily basis. Being capable to deal with hate speech through appropriate youth work methods and proper manners and competences for the sake of their target groups especially young people with culturally diverse background such as minority, Roma, refugees and migrants youth.
Learning objectives of the training course are:
- To be able to facilitate a proactive group-led response to addressing hate related conflicts within group
of culturally diverse young people;
- To consider the motives behind and impact of hurtful language and to understand why some people might react differently;
- To learn to recognize and reflect on the impact of hate speech from different perspectives;
- Enable the understanding of different levels of hate and how it escalates;
- To become aware of existing societal structures of privilege and discrimination;
- To critically engage with the media and understand the role we play in shaping it;
- To develop self-awareness of the different ways social norms influence our assumptions, beliefs, judgements and expectations;
- To understand that behaviours are a result of feelings, which are connected to whether our needs are being met or not.
- To enable participants to explore and try out different ways to challenge power and oppression.
- To initiate local community actions for transferring hate speech and behaviour in our local youth settings;
- To initiate European youth projects according to the proposals of the new Erasmus+ programme 2021 – 2028.
- To build a strong and solid partnership among partners for future cooperation.
The methodology of the training course:
Experienced trainers will prepare the methods based on the expectations and needs of the participants. They will provide participatory and creative methods which will ensure the participation of experienced and less experienced participants. Some methods we will plan to use: individual, pair and mixed group work, drawings, montage/collage, group discussions, brainstorming, role play, board game, idea and project development, etc.
Who can participate in the training course:
- Youth workers, youth leaders who directly work with young people with diverse cultural background and represent youth organisations;
- Youth workers, youth leaders who would like to improve intercultural communication of their youth organisations;
- Youth workers, youth leaders, who would like to initiate high-quality youth exchanges and youth workers’ mobility projects on behalf of their represented youth organisations based on intercultural communication;
- Ready to take part in the whole training course;
- To be able to communicate English language.
Eligible countries and travel budget:
Turkey: 360 euros/participant
Italy: 360 euros/participant
Bulgaria: 275 euros/participant
Romania: 275 euros/participant
Hungary: 275 euros/participant
North Macedonia: 275 euros/participant
Greece: 360 euros/participant
Estonia: 180 euros/participant
Lithuania: 275 euros/participant
Czech Republic: 275 euros/participant
The food and accommodation will be provided and paid by the organizers. Travels costs will be counted based on the distance calculator of European Commission and reimbursed either by bank transfer after the course. It may be that money from European Commission will be late; in that case, as mentioned, you will get your reimbursement after the course by bank transfer (be ready for that).
The best way to come to Riga is to fly to Riga International Airport, the airport with flights to more than 70 european cityes (Athens, Paris, Prague, Rome, Viena, Warsaw etc.).
Venue of the TC
Participants will stay at Hotel Viktoija. Address: Riga, Aleksandra Caka iela nr. 55
The accommodation will be provided for 2-3 people in a room. Each room have a separated bathroom. The restaurant is in inside of the hotel. Also, the hotel has a conference room that will be used for our Training Course.
How to get to Riga and to the HOTEL
The best way to come to Riga is to fly to Riga International Airport, the airport with flights to more than 70 european cityes (Athens, Paris, Prague, Rome, Viena, Warsaw etc.). The best way to get to the city is to use Bus nr. 22, it has a station in the front of the Airport, near Parking, and it cost up to 2 Euro. With this Bus you need the station AUTOOSTA. From this station you need to walk 15-20 mins to the Hotel, to Aleksandra Caka iela 55.
По проекта се поемат следните разходи:
-100 % от настаняване и храна;
-100% от транспортните разходи до лимита за транспорт от 275 евро.
По проекта има такса към изпращащата организация в размер на 50 евро:
ВАЖНО: Гаранция за участие в проекта е предварителна селекция на участника от изпращащата организация и внесена административна такса за участие в размер на 50 евро към изпращащата организация!
Който проявява интерес, моля да изпрати СВ+ снимка на английски или български език на имейл: YouthExchange@zst-bg.org
Моля, само сигурни участници да изпращат своите кандидатури!